Monday 17 February
- Salva Kiir admitted to having organised a private army.
Tuesday 18 February
- Fighting reported in Malakal, Upper Nile. Malkal divided between government forces and the opposition.
- Fighting reported in Warrap State.
Wednesday 19 February
- US condemns the violence in Upper Nile.
- Uganda announced that the Ugandan Forces will be withdrawn from South Sudan as soon as the African Emergency Force ACIRC is ready to replace them.
Thursday 20 February
- Aid workers reported violence within the UN camps in Malakal.
- Tanzania will send troops to South Sudan as a part of the UN mission.
Friday 21 February
- UNMISS released an Interim Report on the Crisis in South Sudan.
Sunday 23 February
- Clashes in Gadiang and Duk County in Jonglei State.
- Oxfam and Medair workers withdrawn from Malakal.